The Spanish Golden Visa is a residency permit/visa program, designed for non-European nationals, offering them the right to stay and work in Spain, and travel freely through Euro zone and the Schengen area. This Program basically requires the individual make an investment in Spain. The form of investment varies from purchasing a real estate property with the minimum amount of 500,000 euros to investing in a Spanish company .
Spanish Golden Visa Program
The country of Spain with a glorious history and magnificent culture and architecture is without doubt one of the oldest modern countries in the history of the world. From its old and rich culture to its beauty and diversity, everything about Spain brings to mind a nostalgic reminiscence of the glorious past and a perfect combination of old and vibrant modern European culture. Yearly, millions of tourists are attracted to Spain due to its exotic combination of Islamic/Christian heritage and favorable climate, beautiful beaches, historic cities and canonical architecture.
Spain’s artistic history has resulted in an abundance of museums, monuments, fiestas and traditions, and the second highest numbers of UNESCO world Heritage titles. Living standards in Spain are amongst the highest in the world in terms of life quality and welfare.
The Golden Visa is a residency permit/visa program, designed for non-European nationals, offering them the right to stay and work in Spain, and travel freely through Euro zone and the Schengen area. This Program basically requires the individual make an investment of minimum 500000 Euro in real estate in Spain.
Requirements for Investing in Real Estate:- The minimum investment must be at least € 500,000.
- In addition to the purchase price you need to pay 11 - 12%, that includes, tax, stamp duty, VAT, notary and lawyer fees.
- The investment can be done on several real estate properties for a total price of at least € 500,000.
- There are specific circumstances under which you will be allowed to borrow part of the investment amount from your home country or another country outside Spain.
- You can include your immediate dependent family members in your Golden Visa application.
- Spanish Golden Visa application may also include children of the applicant, up to 18 years old, dependent adult children (over 18 but economically dependent), and economically dependent parents.
- Children over 18 who are not able to support themselves economically due to health issues are also included in this act provided that the required documents are presented with the application.
- Stay in Spain to obtain the Golden Visa is completely optional and there is no requirement for long stays.
- There is no need to renew the Golden Visa within 5 years.
- Since there is no need for the holder of Golden Visa to reside in Spain, the individual is not committed to pay taxes to the government of Spain.
- If the holder of Golden Visa meets all the expectations, they might be granted a permanent residency on Spain.
- The individual can sell the property investment after 5 years, when the minimum amount of time required for issuance of permanent residency has
- The holder of the Golden Visa will have freedom of travel to the EU Schengen visa countries.
- The Visas can be issued right after the sale contract and before the property transfer through title deed.
- The official documentation for investment visa will not take more than ten, maximum 15 working days after the investment.
- You and your family members who are included in your Golden Visa, will have the right to work in Spain since the day one.
- Refusal of Spanish Golden Visa happens mostly due to an unclean criminal record.
- The investor can apply for Spanish citizenship after an additional 5 years of permanent residency.
1) The individual must not have entered or stayed illegally in Spain.
The Conditions Under Which One Can Qualify for Spanish Golden Visa Program:
2) The individual should be 18 years old or older.
3) The individual must not have been refused entry to any of the Schengen area countries.
4) The individual should have health insurance (private or public) authorized to operate in Spain.
5) The individual should be able to economically support themselves and their immediate family included in their Golden Visa application.
6) The individual must present a proof for the investment, such as Registry of Property certificate attesting the ownership of the property. If the title deed is not yet registered at the time of application processing, a copy of the acquisition public deed and proof of filing the deed in the Registry should be provided.